Oh man these guys are DELICIOUS. So sweet, but so delicious. My husband just kept chewing and pointing at them going, “those… those… those…”. I think that means they are good?
I really loved the colorful and playful look of these Rice Krispies. I wanted to do full fruity pebbles but the cereal is already sugary so I decided to mix the two together so it didn’t get too crazy sweet. I have experimented with some Rice Krispie flavors before like cookies & creme and Circus Animal Cookie. I am excited to add this variation to the list and continue to find different ways to make this really easy but delicious treat.
- 3 1/2 cups Fruity Pebbles
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 package regular marshmallows
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (optional and more for looks)
- Prepare a dish to put your finished Krispies in, I buttered a 9×13 glass dish but you can use basically anything. Or even put them in a bowl and eat them right away!
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large saucepan or deep pan.
- Add in the whole bag of regular marshmallows and stir until they are fully melted.
- Turn off the heat and add in your Fruity Pebbles and Rice Krispies.
- Once they are mixed together completely I added the mini marshmallows and didn’t stir too vigorously so they stayed whole.
- Dump the contents into your buttered dish and press them down.
- Let cool and cut into shapes or eat warm!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!